Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyin Miata Group Buy

Originally posted by [email protected]
    If you want to put together a group buy for an FM product, we're introducing the new Group Buy center. It takes all the hassles out of administering the buy, and opens it up to anyone and not just a small group - making it more likely you'll reach the number of people you need!

To be honest, we've avoided group buys in the past because they can be a problem to deal with. Not anymore, here's how it works:

1. We'll announce a group buy on a certain product. The announcement will include the discount, the number of people we need to make it work and a deadline. You can keep track of the current group buys on our website.

2. If you want to join in, then you can either order the part through the website or give us a call. We'll take your payment information, but we won't charge your card. The website will be kept up to date with the number of people who are currently signed up so you can see how close we are to getting the minimum number.

3. At the end date of the buy, one of two things will happen.
    * If we have the minimum number of orders, we'll charge your card and ship the parts.
    * If we do not have the minimum number of orders, we'll give you the option of buying the part at the regular price or canceling the order.

Let us know if there's a certain product you'd like to see.
    Flyin' Miata : Group buy center
    Kind of interesting...

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

very interesting!
    95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!
    79 Corolla Gutted, weber 32/36, Header, Volk Rays, Ghetto slammed :lol:

Comment

I wonder how much of a discount they would give on an FMII kit. Rollbars might be a good product to try.
      2013 Whitout FR-S
      1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
      sigpic

Comment

I suggested they try more than one item at a time. If they did various products, might have even more sales interest coming in.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

YEP!
          95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!
          79 Corolla Gutted, weber 32/36, Header, Volk Rays, Ghetto slammed :lol:

Comment

well the whole point is probably to get rid of surplus stuff, or stuff thats been sitting around for a while
            sigpic

Comment

it would be easier to get more people in on smaller/ cheaper items like butterfly brace for example.

Comment

super sweet. I'll have modding funds again after february.
                My picks:
                hard lines for turbos
                butterfly bracing
                frog arms
                Energy Suspension complete bushing kit

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Hi everyone! I was asked to come in and answer a couple of questions.

We'll definitely be posting more than one product at a time. The Group Buy center has been up for (checks watch) about 5 hours now, and I was planning to corner the boss to see what else we can put up tomorrow.

It's not a way to get rid of surplus stuff. That's what "deal of the day" is for. We get approached about doing group buys on a regular basis, but we've found that they're usually a real cluster. So we put this together to make them easier to administer.

You tell us what you want a group buy on, we'll take care of the rest. If there are a bunch of people that want butterfly braces (we're hearing that a lot), then we'll put that together.

Comment

Thanks for joining up Keith! I second Laguna's request on the turbo hardlines.

Comment

Quaife transmissions this summer? lol

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                      1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by matredd View Post
                        I wonder how much of a discount they would give on an FMII kit. Rollbars might be a good product to try.
                        Agreed
                        sigpic

Comment

rollbar would be hard since it is not an FM produced product, so FM would have to work out a group buy through the other company(can't remember the name) and then since the other company ship from there warehouse, Fm then have to hand over all the addresses and hope nothing get F**ked up due to the bulk.
                          1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                          2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Well to make it easier on everyone, what if we were to have the group buy shipped to one address and then we can distribute the product?

Comment

Originally posted by wildfire0310 View Post
                              rollbar would be hard since it is not an FM produced product, so FM would have to work out a group buy through the other company(can't remember the name) and then since the other company ship from there warehouse, Fm then have to hand over all the addresses and hope nothing get F**ked up due to the bulk.
                              Keith stated that they are not limited to just FM exclusive products and that group buys on rollbars are a possibility to consider.

Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                              Well to make it easier on everyone, what if we were to have the group buy shipped to one address and then we can distribute the product?
                              Would just have to work out the logisitics of who all locally is in what group buy. Wouldn't be too hard, but that would drastically cut their shipping costs, and everyone locally splitting the one shipping cost would lower the price for everyone even more. Someone with a business shipping address (which I have available) can get an even cheaper rate.

Comment

Working...
                              X