Harbor Freight Settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight Settlement

HF lawsuit for advertising a "regular" price that wasn't real. So if you have your receipts or card statements going back to 2011 for HF purchases you can get 10% back in cash or a 12% store credit:

www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    [email protected]
    04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Sounds about right. Thanks for the info! Now I can get even more HF stuff.
    2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
    2017 NV3500

Comment

Wow, thanks David! This could be a nice little chunk if I can dig up the documentation. Of course I didn't save the receipts, but maybe I can get electronic copies of my credit card statements.

On the claim form it says you can get 20% in cash or 30% in store credit if you have the original receipts.
      sigpic

Comment

Nick, try looking at the annual statement that's available electronically. My Citi Double Cash and Discover Card online accounts allow me to do this for 2016. I'll have to give them a call to get prior years as I've yet to see how to do this. I plan to pull it all into Excel and filter by "HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS" since that is consistent across both card statements. Once filtered, I'll PDF that and submit it to through the online claim form.
        2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Zadnak View Post
          Nick, try looking at the annual statement that's available electronically. My Citi Double Cash and Discover Card online accounts allow me to do this for 2016.
          Thanks man - that's what I ended up doing. My old Capital One card made it really easy to download annual statements all the way back to 2012. I moved to the Citi Double Cash card about a year ago and was able to download that one too.

So far I'm up to $756.98, so I should get $75 back.
          sigpic

Comment

Looking through my build thread, Google Photos, and my statements, I think my first Harbor Freight purchase was only in October 2015. Anyways, $294.01 is all I've spent, so that's rewards good for a set of wrenches and gloves.
            2007 True Red Miata

Comment

I use Mint.com and have $1200 or so in purchases (3 different cards over that time). I take cash when I can.
              David Luney - Suwanee GA
              [email protected]
              04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up David. Like everyone else, I'll be pulling all by CC information tonight. I should have a good $300+ spent there, as I picked up a few tools there when finishing my basement. "free" money is always worth digging through all the old CC statements.
                1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Wow. I just threw away a stack of receipts when cleaning out last week including many for HF. I have been keeping all of my tool purchase receipts for tax reasons.
                  DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                  | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                  | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

I got a check for $125 yesterday from the Harbor Freight settlement. Anybody else?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X