cheap sticky tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap sticky tires

$73.00 each for 205/50/15 Federal 595 rs-rr. Has anyone tried these before?

https://www.onlinetires.com/products...r+89w+bsw.html
    2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
    2017 NV3500

They were popular in SOCAL. They have good grip but overheat and get greasy. Some compare them to earlier the Falken 615k, others said they are like Star Specs without the heat capabilities. They do wear quickly.

Comment

im running that exact tire right now. they came on the msm i just got and so far i like them quiet a bit. They have nice grip on street conditions and so far i have no complaints about them so far, have road great during the rain we've had lately. I havent had a chance to put them to any real challenges yet though so take everything with a grain of salt. I am worried about how quickly they will wear though but that tends to be the case with alot of sticky wheels so at least these are fairly cheap
      Last edited by Shwing; 03-14-2017, 10:05 AM.
      1997 mx-5

Comment

The driftos were all about these before Zestinos became the rage. They're not terribly sticky, but they are cheap enough to burn a bunch up drifting.

They might satisfy you as a DD tire, but far from a performance tire.
        DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
        | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
        | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

So far I've been unable to top BFG Comp2. The 195 50 15 is pretty reasonably priced and sticky. It holds up well.
          https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...SPC2&tab=Sizes
          2000 LS Highlight Silver/ FM turbo/ MSPNP Pro/ Flow Force 640s/ Xida CS/ asst. bling.

Comment

Here's the deal: you need to figure the value proposition for your tires. I've bought cheap tires as a compromise and replaced them before they were spent because I couldn't stand them. Decide if stepping up the budget to a known entity in tires is worth it to you.

Comment

^^^^
              Yup. Value vs cost.

My current fav is Maxxis VR-1, a reasonably priced high performance tire which you can pick up at their warehouse in Suwanee to save shipping charges.
              DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
              | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
              | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Working...
              X