Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Miata for sale...no aff.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting Miata for sale...no aff.

    http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/340694.aspx
    2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

  • #2
    Yeah I remember seeing this a while back, the coolest thing is by far the dash lol. Not really a bad price for the car. Even though I don't know what you would be competitive in.

    Comment


    • #3
      This car has been passed through a few owners now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Same guy (owner/builder) has been trying to sell it for a long time.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
          Yeah I remember seeing this a while back, the coolest thing is by far the dash lol. Not really a bad price for the car. Even though I don't know what you would be competitive in.
          I think it would be a track/hpde type car. Actually racing it would probably put you in a class where it wouldn't be competitive.

          Cool car though.
          2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jester911 View Post
            I think it would be a track/hpde type car. Actually racing it would probably put you in a class where it wouldn't be competitive.

            Cool car though.
            I think thats the main reason its a no sell...it would end up just being an expensive track toy, not competitive in any popular class. I am of the opinion that if it was a well executed street version it would likely sell better.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah probably make the roll cage into just a roll bar and put a few interior bits back in it and it would be fine.
              2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

              Comment


              • #8
                It's been done really well though. It looks like it'd be as reliable as the Honda it started life as.

                I agree though...with a normal dash and a little less of a cage (even though this one fits under the hard top), that would be one hell of a street car.
                1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

                Comment


                • #9
                  you guys are big poons. throw some more comfy seats in it, a heater, MAYBE some carpet and repaint the interior/cage a nicer looking color and it would be perfect for a weekend toy/track fun car.
                  DIE WHITE GIRLS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jesseealexander View Post
                    you guys are big poons. throw some more comfy seats in it, a heater, MAYBE some carpet and repaint the interior/cage a nicer looking color and it would be perfect for a weekend toy/track fun car.
                    Yeah right...buy a really expensive Miata...spend a bunch more money on it to make it aesthetically appealing (which is where this car fails) and comfortable and....yeah...then you end up with far too much $$ invested in a freakin Miata! :lol:
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd drive it as is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yeah, the cage is no big deal, although i may be somewhat biased
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well that cage in that car is a TAD bit more in depth then yours lol, aka a real pain. But hey I daily drove my Civic race car with Nascar door bars and a Kirkey seat.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As is would be fine with me as well.
                            2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X