Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some BBS's in Smyrna

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/pts/989954714.html

I still can't decide if I like these or not.

Comment

Theyre light, I have run them, but if it were me I'd get 15's instead.
      sigpic

Comment

I prefer the 15's too but not the price.

Comment

those have been for sale for a long time. the m.net fags eat them up, but really you need to go to 15" for decent tire choices, plus I'd take wider over lighter any day.
          DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
          | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
          | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Tell it like it is Ben! :lol:

I agree about wider over lighter, well within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
              those have been for sale for a long time.
              CL is NOT the place to sell Miata BBS rims. :lol:

Youre right, the m.net crowd love them. It goes with restoring cars and adding OEM 'upgrades'. But, the dorks that will pay the really big bucks want them to be flawless.
              sigpic

Comment

BBS makes a quality wheel. The Miata was originally conceived as a (mostly) copy of a Lotus Elan. Colin Chapman valued lightness over all else. Frequently to the consternation of his drivers, particularly when the part fell off in the middle of the race course. But I will take light over fat any day.

Of course that is easy for me to say since I have a set that will be mounted on my car as soon as I decide which tires to mount. And I sell the Fiat so I can buy said tires and a few other parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgia Cracker View Post
                  B I have a set that will be mounted on my car as soon as I decide which tires to mount.
                  You have 14's or 15's?
                  OEM BBS or aftermarket?
                  sigpic

Comment

14's, OEM. Waffling between Falken Azenis 615 and Bridgestone RE960.

Comment

Ahh...decisions, decisions. :)
                      I think you will like the way those wheels feel. Overall feel is much improved over heavier wheels. You will not enjoy cleaning them however. :lol:
                      I dont know about the Bridgestones but the Azeni's are quite heavy.
                      sigpic

Comment

We have the BBS wheels on the BMW convertible, I know what a PIA they are to keep clean. But with those wheels when I hit them with wheel cleaner the silver came off to reveal white underneath. Don't know if someone painted the wheels, or they cam from the factory with crappy paint. Unlike the Miata.

I had the Azenis 215 on another set of wheels. Yes they are heavy but stick quite well, right up until they don't. Without warning. Someday ask me about about fishtailing then doing a 180 and ending up off the road right in front of Rudy's on hwy 78. I would like a tire that give at least a wee bit of warning before it bites. I would really like to find the Toyo T1R in 195/55-14, but no one wants to carry it. It is the lightest tire to put on the wheel, and seems to be just right.

Comment

I would really like to find the Toyo T1R in 195/55-14, but no one wants to carry it. It is the lightest tire to put on the wheel, and seems to be just right.
                          Yep. Thats the drawback of the 14's. Its gotten down to only a few choices, especially in 195/55's which is what I always ran.
                          sigpic

Comment

I had the Azenis 215 on another set of wheels. Yes they are heavy but stick quite well, right up until they don't. Without warning. Someday ask me about about fishtailing then doing a 180 and ending up off the road right in front of Rudy's on hwy 78. I would like a tire that give at least a wee bit of warning before it bites. I would really like to find the Toyo T1R in 195/55-14, but no one wants to carry it. It is the lightest tire to put on the wheel, and seems to be just right.
                            Sounds like you'd be the perfect candidate for 15x7.5 with 205-50-15 tires. :p

With respect to Mr Chapman, as he is correct in the regard that lighter wheels and smaller tires are better for highway cruising, the correct package for say not spinning 180 degrees on the highway would be wider and stickier.
                            DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                            | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                            | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

I am running Toyo T1S (got the last set from edgeracing a couple years ago) in 195/55/14 on the BBS 14". I like the combo for driving characteristics, but it certainly isn't ideal grip for the power I'm putting down! Anyway, might want to check edgeracing if you want Toyo T1R in that size. Last time I checked they had them.
                              93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
                              R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
                              4.10 Torsen | 2ΒΌ" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Working...
                              X