1983 Toyota 4x4 22r Deluxe long bed - 145k miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] 1983 Toyota 4x4 22r Deluxe long bed - 145k miles

A close family friend VERY recently passed this truck down to us. It is still currently registered in his name (he literally JUST gave it to us) and was previously titled to his grandfather. It has always been his truck and was bought for him by his grandfather. Title transferred in 2012 after he passed away. You are welcome to formally "buy" it from him if you are not okay with that. We found out we are expecting a child in May so getting rid of all the "extra" vehicles.

1983 Toyota 4x4 22r Deluxe long bed. I believe the color is called Garnet Red Metallic. The interior is grey. There is minor rust on the bed but not on the cabin or frame. A/C, heat, PS all work. 145k original miles. Interior is in great shape with minor seat damage but overall it looks great for its age. The headlights do not work, we planned to run a flip switch instead but would rather just sell it because baby things.

Clean title, no accidents. Recent carb tune, timing adjustment, brakes bled and brake pedal adjusted. No issues other than not having headlights so please take that into consideration if you do not live near enough to drive it home during the day.

I will get some photos today, just wanted to get the ad up. Located in Columbus, GA. $3,500 obo.

Thanks,
    Mal
    Last edited by mal; 10-27-2017, 07:10 PM.
    2018 CGK Subaru Crosstrek
    2000 Twilight Blue (FS)
    2010 VW TDI Cup (RIP) |
    10AE #2171 (Sold)

Interested! PM sent
    Sean O
    2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

145,000 miles on a 22r is considered break in mileage. A friend of mine cracked the engine open at 200,000 miles and could still see the original honing of the bore. These are the trucks that made Toyota's reliability reputation. There are more than a few million mile specimens out there. If I didn't already have a 98' T-100 that I don't need and nobody wanted to buy, I'd rationalize this purchase somehow. GLWS
      Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
      RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Thanks OGF! I have some photos John snapped quickly earlier but its quite dusty so I'd like to clean it up a little tomorrow first. Also I don't think the rust is considered surface anymore because in a few spots you can see deeper than just the first layer so sorry about that. Will have much better photos up tomorrow! Pardon all the plants in the back. I am always rescuing planters from the side of the road and they are too heavy for my weak self to get down. :rolleyes:

I've looked up similar trucks that seem to go for quite a bit with high miles but they also seem to have a better exterior and honestly we just need to clear out the yard at this point. It is such a cute little truck, the giant steering wheel is my favorite part. :P

truckk.jpg
        Last edited by mal; 10-27-2017, 07:20 PM.
        2000 Twilight Blue (FS)
        2010 VW TDI Cup (RIP) |
        10AE #2171 (Sold)

Comment

Ok I am obviously the most unreliable photo poster ever. I just haven't had the time or energy to get out there and clean it up so apologies for how filthy it is. Here is a link to some photos.

https://imgur.com/a/VtIxi
          2000 Twilight Blue (FS)
          2010 VW TDI Cup (RIP) |
          10AE #2171 (Sold)

Comment

Sold
            2000 Twilight Blue (FS)
            2010 VW TDI Cup (RIP) |
            10AE #2171 (Sold)

Comment