This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds Section Etiquette

Please treat people how you would like to be treated. So please hold back on any unrelated or trashing posts in other people's advertisements. If you have a problem with someone's price please let them know in private messages. This is not an opportunity to advertise your own products for sale.

If you are a private business please follow the site's rules and sign up as a Site Sponsor. Otherwise it is unfair on the users hoping to use this section and the other great businesses we have signed up.

Don't make me ban you.

Thank you and good luck selling!

-Jack

Friendly, non-threatening BUMP.

Comment

Another bump to this.

Along with what Jack said above, from the rules: "ABSOLUTELY no classifieds hijacking, price comparing, or cross-selling in someone else’s classified listing. (i.e., "You can get it for less on eBay" or "I'll sell you one for less" or "You're asking too much" or "Don't sell Toyota stuff here")."

This seems to be happening a lot lately and no one is paying any attention to simple warnings or infractions to stop. If you have a problem with the price or want to advise someone on how to sell or price their stuff, send it via PM. For sale threads are NOT discussion threads.

*EDIT*

To clarify even further since this point seems to not be clear enough:

- If a seller's price offends you, PM your offer to them showing them that you're a serious buyer, or click out of the thread. If you feel you must really voice your advice/opinions to them, do so by PM only.

- If a seller's price is too high, then their parts will not sell and they'll have to figure out what to do at that point. It's not a difficult concept.

- The only time it is ok to voice your opinion on the price is when a seller specifically asks for it. This happens a lot on here and people are more than willing to help out in a friendly fashion.

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Must be a yearly thing, here's this year's reminder.

Originally posted by miata5620
        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Too much of this going on recently - points will be handed out if it continues.

Comment

Working...
          X