WTB Right rear MAZDA medalion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Right rear MAZDA medalion...

Some fracking moron in a large truck thought it would be ok to squeeze across the tiny space behind me at an intersection. It was dark and the top was up but i could still hear a strange screeching noise from the rear of metal on metal. The guy continued through and then sped off before I could go after him.

When I had an opening I pulled the car over and surveyed the damage. Seeing none apparent on the bumper or any of the panels I scratched my head and drove home. On the next saturday before a drive I found the damage during my once-over.

The right rear mazda logo had taken the whole brunt of the damage. All of it. It was destroyed but the panel underneath was undamaged save for one small stress mark on the mount hole.

Yes. I can get this new for 20-30 bux but things are tight right now. Is there anywhere I can go or anyone who might have a spare I can purchase for less? Any junkyards that woul d let me pull the logo off? I do not favor the "debadged" look. :D

tn

Wow, your lucky it didn't cause more damage then that and you bet your *** I would have been after that guy real quick.

Comment

That's so messed up!
      I can't believe people these days...
      2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
      2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

R&R on buford Hwy has a NB with the rear bumper intact.... if you're close you can go grab the emblems off of it.

Comment

R&R ? awesome. I'll see if i can locate it. Buford is big but i live right off of it somewheres.

Comment

M&M is in Dacula
            Last edited by Doppelgänger; 11-21-2008, 10:51 AM. Reason: promoting Captian Kurt

Comment

I have emblems for both NA & NB
              sigpic

Comment

Doh.... didn't know if you'd have them.

yeah, get them from Captain Kurt.
                Last edited by Doppelgänger; 11-21-2008, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ok after checking it looks like the logo on the nb is smaller than the one on the na. (just checked a limited nb)

Would a mazda logo off of any mazda of that era work?

Comment

Originally posted by OVERDRIFT View Post
                    Ok after checking it looks like the logo on the nb is smaller than the one on the na. (just checked a limited nb)

Would a mazda logo off of any mazda of that era work?
                    NB badges should all interchange. Not sure what other (if any) models share exact same size badge.
                    Using NA units would work...but you would need to switch both and they'd likely look too large....BUT...
                    I have a pair if you want to try it. :D
                    sigpic

Comment

Kurt/metalman? Thanks! what a great resource. How much and where are you located? could I pick it up this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by OVERDRIFT View Post
                        Kurt/metalman? Thanks! what a great resource. How much and where are you located? could I pick it up this weekend?
                        I am in Lawrenceville. I never charge more then $10 for a badge...unless its some
                        wacky JDM Yo Tite thingie...but in this case for the NB mazda badge lets call it $5
                        You happen to recall how that one is held on?
                        sigpic

Comment

capitol!

Mine attached with two pegs at each end. Not sure the exact distance between. I really can't even imagine what a mad tyte jdm logo might be. :P

Your pricing is excellent! Could this be picked up tomorrow? I'll be out and about. Perhaps pm me an address?

Cheers

Comment

Yes, I see now...it just press fits into two small holes...might have slight adhesive under it too
                            I already have it off.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes thats the one! might need to find something that can safely provide light adhesive if what you have is worn down. I got your pm and will call you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X