X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] [NA] V8 Italia

Not mine

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Mazda-...RaLPSt&vxp=mtr
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

You think it's lifted up to keep those down pipes from dragging on everything sticking up?
    | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Not a fan of the wheel choice, but otherwise pretty cool.
      2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
      2017 NV3500

Comment

Originally posted by FE3tMX5 View Post
        You think it's lifted up to keep those down pipes from dragging on everything sticking up?
        They actually appear to be tucked up pretty well. It looks as though they used a lot smaller diameter tubing in that area than the 2.5" pipe that I used.
        1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Given a miata + $15,000 will buy Jim Simpson's time to properly install the Italia kit, and a nice 5.0 Miatas are going for around $12-15,000, this seems pretty well priced. I hate the suspension, color, wheels and it needs more braking power... pretty much my dream car if you paint it laguna blue, throw better wheels and brakes on it.
          Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
          RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Random thoughts:

Not that it matters because everything is rebuilt but I did notice the chassis has 106k miles on it. I think that may hold back some prospective buyers.

I agree that I am not a fan of the color. Also noticed the custom side fender brackets riveted on, mine are long chrome bolts.

Illumina front shocks are fine for a Miata but my experience was the rears are valved completed wrong. At one point eons ago I ran Illuminas on the front and Konis on the rear and it worked pretty well.

Not that V8 Italias come up for sale often but when they do I have seen them in the $20-22k range.
            92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

I agree on the mileage. I think starting with a low mile chassis will pay dividends in the sale late for the extra dollar spent- though in my mind high miles doesn't chase me away. Of course I wouldn't be shopping for a car like this either.
              | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Working...
              X