Turbo-Garrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Turbo-Garrett

Anyone holding on to a gt28 or gt3071 turbo they aren't going to use?

Look at the efr 6758 too.... spools very quickly
    Sean O
    2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

I have a 2560R available
      sigpic

Comment

PM'ed you

Comment

Originally posted by Upinthesky View Post
          PM'ed you
          Hmm I don't see one

Comment

Curious as to why you were looking for either a gt28 or 3071r? I know it sounds like with the bigger turbo you'll make a lot more power, but crazy as it sounds, that's a terrible idea. I had a 2871r on my turbo build, and it would have blown just about everything on the car if I hadn't restricted the boost to about 7-8 psi. Believe me a 2560 or even a 2554 is a lot better match for a 1.8 liter motor than a 3071r. The sweet spot where you get to enjoy the car and have it be reliable is between 220-240 rwhp. After that you're just finding the next weak link to break, and fixing broken turbo cars is not fun, which is why I sold mine��
            Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
            RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrayfrog View Post
              Curious as to why you were looking for either a gt28 or 3071r? I know it sounds like with the bigger turbo you'll make a lot more power, but crazy as it sounds, that's a terrible idea. I had a 2871r on my turbo build, and it would have blown just about everything on the car if I hadn't restricted the boost to about 7-8 psi. Believe me a 2560 or even a 2554 is a lot better match for a 1.8 liter motor than a 3071r. The sweet spot where you get to enjoy the car and have it be reliable is between 220-240 rwhp. After that you're just finding the next weak link to break, and fixing broken turbo cars is not fun, which is why I sold mine😰
              I am planning to replace all of those systems so I am not intimidated by the thought of breaking things. When you want crazy amounts of power you have to be willing to break and change things. I bought a new motor that is being fully built so I hope to stop breaking things in the engine and start looking towards the trans and beyond.

Comment

As someone that had a fully built motor and a 2871 that was [email protected], there was plenty more airflow left on the table. It's plenty of fun.

D WILL MIATA TURBO.jpg

Comment

lower graph there is 10psi wastegate pressure, upper 13psi with EBC.

Comment

For those who are always talking about having 400+hp out if a Miata driveline, ask Nick about thunder. I don't think most of the people who say I want 300+ out of my Miata are ready for what that brings, financially or otherwise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
                      For those who are always talking about having 400+hp out if a Miata driveline, ask Nick about thunder. I don't think most of the people who say I want 300+ out of my Miata are ready for what that brings, financially or otherwise.

To be fair Thunder was a track car. Turbos and track cars don't really mix without a large financial outlay and constant attention.

A street Miata with a turbo will never see the duty cycle that you'd get on track even in a mountain run or w/e.

For track the Trackspeed Engineering EFR turbo setup is really the only reliable off the shelf formula for a track miata and his kit hasn't even been fully released you still have to come up with plumbing solutions among other things. However, it can reliably deliver 220hp without issues on track as evidenced by the Supermiata S1 class.

I also concur with Sean. Why bother with old technology when the Borg Warner EFR series is superior in almost every way?
                      '00 Silver Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra_Bravo View Post
                        I also concur with Sean. Why bother with old technology when the Borg Warner EFR series is superior in almost every way?

I have been looking for the IRL turbo but havent had much luck finding one that is still for sale :(

Comment

I concur the EFR series is the way to go if you care about spool and power. Still waiting for the variable AR turbos they showed off last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X