Mobile Mechanic services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] Mobile Mechanic services

Just bought an '06 Miata and had a whine in the belt tensioner. With ham-handiness, I snapped both bolts off trying to replace.

I know there are some skilled guys here who might be able to drill the bolts out/helicoil or know someone. Any recommendations appreciated. Not interested in towing to garage because car is torn apart already but might not have any alternatives.

Thanks,
    Ted
    2009 GT Competition Yellow - The Short Bus

Is any of the bolt sticking out? can sometimes weld a nut onto the stub and turn it out.
    sigpicLance
    2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
    2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
    1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

On one of them there is a little nub sticking out, the other one is pretty flush. Probably will need to have it towed to a shop.

Comment

Right angle drill, then an easy out. I would probably drill, then soak with penetrating oil (pb blaster) then heat, then use an easy out. You CAN do it.
        Sean O
        2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

Been soaking in PB Blaster a few times a day since Saturday. No torch or right angle drill, will have to think about that. Just don't want to make things worse.

Comment

Where is the car?

Comment

In my garage - near McGinnis/Peachtree Parkway.

Got a referral from someone local who is supposed to come look at it Thursday.
              Last edited by tbearmiata; 10-31-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X