Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NB Convertible Top Frame (fits NA too maybe?)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [For Sale] [NA+NB] NB Convertible Top Frame (fits NA too maybe?)

    This is an NB top frame. I believe you need this to put a glass window on an NA but that might not be right.

    All packed up and sold on Ebay, but it sold for $125 and the shipping was $130.

    $75 OBO

    [email protected]

    2017-08-20 14.35.18.jpg
    Co-host of Crossthreaded, homemade car show. Building an Exocet slowly, and often incorrectly.
    http://crossthreaded.us

  • #2
    Let me understand. You sold something to somebody (entered into a contract) and refused to follow through?
    Last edited by nile13; 08-21-2017, 08:16 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      No, I think he means the buyer backed out because the shipping was so expensive?

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd be curious.

        Either way, NB frame definitely fits an NA.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nile13 View Post
          Let me understand. You sold something to somebody (entered into a contract) and refused to follow through?
          Did you know that if you contact people, honestly explain your situation, then ask if there's some agreement that could be made, a lot of times folks will understand and it ends up being no big deal?

          I'm just asking because the way you've phrased this it sounds like you're one of those people who likes being combative on the internet.

          My experience is if you're nice, usually people are nice back.

          I haven't posted here in a while but has this board become one of the places where internet warriors get all squinty-eyed now?
          Co-host of Crossthreaded, homemade car show. Building an Exocet slowly, and often incorrectly.
          http://crossthreaded.us

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nile13 View Post
            Let me understand. You sold something to somebody (entered into a contract) and refused to follow through?
            :rolleyes:
            Blue '99 with '01 header swap, Tein Street Advance, FM Exhaust, RPF1s

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
              Did you know that if you contact people, honestly explain your situation, then ask if there's some agreement that could be made, a lot of times folks will understand and it ends up being no big deal?

              I'm just asking because the way you've phrased this it sounds like you're one of those people who likes being combative on the internet.

              My experience is if you're nice, usually people are nice back.

              I haven't posted here in a while but has this board become one of the places where internet warriors get all squinty-eyed now?
              No, not really (to all of your above assumptions). I do find it odd that you'd put the info in the add, sounds kinda counterproductive Than again, what do I know, I sell for a living.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jhodgson View Post
                I haven't posted here in a while but has this board become one of the places where internet warriors get all squinty-eyed now?
                Thats not my general experience, but certainly I could see why you would think that. Nile13 what is it you sell for a living?
                David Luney - Suwanee GA
                [email protected]
                04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Jim - I've had great luck shipping with Greyhound lately. I've shipped a Miata hood, door, and dashboard each for around $50. Sounds like it is too late to help your eBay sale, but may be a good reference for the future (or for anyone else out there that needs to ship big items!). Also you get a 25% discount on their published rates if you book shipping online and use the coupon code "web25".

                  GLWS!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can concur with Nick's suggestion to ship via Greyhound. When I had my importing business I'd ship large items like hoods and bumpers and even roll cages all across the country with Greyhound. Your other party will need to pick it up from the local station but that shouldn't be a big deal considering the savings.
                    Chris and Lola

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by miatastuff View Post
                      Thats not my general experience, but certainly I could see why you would think that. Nile13 what is it you sell for a living?
                      Software and engineering services. But does it really matter? Sales are fairly universal.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've had a race seat shipped to me via Greyhound recently it was OK, not without snags. I, personally, prefer UPS for wheels, tires, seats and other bulky stuff. Just had a set of 17" wheels and another set of 15x10s with 275 tires shipped within the last two weeks. You have to be careful with "dimensional weight", but I've generally found them to be comparable to Greyhound price-wise with better tracking and service.

                        But, generally, shipping costs are getting out of hand a bit lately. I ship and receive a lot of car parts, both US and internationally.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X