Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSM intake cam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Wanted] MSM intake cam

    Looking for a good MSM intake cam for my 1.8.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slip 'N' Slide

  • #2
    I'll assume you already know that cam is sold by 949 and currently in stock?
    '00 Black NB, Track/Street car.
    It seems like the most powerful weapon in the universe is speed. Move something fast enough and it will obliterate anything

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wingman703 View Post
      I'll assume you already know that cam is sold by 949 and currently in stock?
      Saw it, was hoping to get it locally for cheaper.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Slip 'N' Slide

      Comment


      • #4
        Won't help with what your looking for but I have some stock msm pieces and a k&n air filter for a msm as well as a never installed flyin Miata signal modifier if you are in need of any of that

        Comment


        • #5
          MSM intake cam

          Originally posted by bigb996 View Post
          Won't help with what your looking for but I have some stock msm pieces and a k&n air filter for a msm as well as a never installed flyin Miata signal modifier if you are in need of any of that
          Do you happen to have the exhaust manifold? I have a 99 1.8 I am putting into my 91. I have a eventual plans for turbo


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Slip 'N' Slide

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GTOTT97 View Post
            Do you happen to have the exhaust manifold? I have a 99 1.8 I am putting into my 91. I have a eventual plans for turbo


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            While often an inexpensive option today manifold only fits the ihi turbo which will just end up being a headache.

            Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              You know the MSM cam gains will eventually be negated by boost, right?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by iscariot View Post
                You know the MSM cam gains will eventually be negated by boost, right?
                Turbo is still awhile out but I'd like to start gathering parts.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Slip 'N' Slide

                Comment


                • #9
                  Then start gathering parts that you'll use - megasquirt, injectors, learn to tune.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    FM does dyno testing on everything under the sun, and found while the MSM cam made 4-6 whp in naturally aspirated form, it lost about five horses against a turbocharged NB1 motor with stock cam. In the end it seemed Mazda's cam profile for the MSM was for emissions, not power.
                    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oldgrayfrog View Post
                      FM does dyno testing on everything under the sun, and found while the MSM cam made 4-6 whp in naturally aspirated form, it lost about five horses against a turbocharged NB1 motor with stock cam. In the end it seemed Mazda's cam profile for the MSM was for emissions, not power.
                      That's very interesting, I will keep this in mind. Is this the same for some of the other after market cams?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Slip 'N' Slide

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GTOTT97 View Post
                        That's very interesting, I will keep this in mind. Is this the same for some of the other after market cams?

                        I still have those AE101 ITBs and I'm torn between NA and FI build.

                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Slip 'N' Slide

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's a fundamental difference in chasing horsepower naturally aspirated vs boost. Naturally aspirated will nickel and dime you trying to get that extra 2hp, while boost will nickel and dime you making sure your engine doesn't blow up from too much power. And all you need for more power is to twist the boost controller a few clicks.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X