No announcement yet.

1.6L engine for my 1990 Miata 5 speed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted] 1.6L engine for my 1990 Miata 5 speed.

This is my wife's 1st car that she bought brand new in November of 1989. I just want her to be able to enjoy her car again. I'm in Cartersville, GA. 770-689-8844

A buddy had one for sale not long ago, let me reach out and see if he's still got it.
    ~Andrew
    Atlanta Region SCCA
    D Prepared Miata

Comment

My old boss has one for sale here in Marietta for $500 I believe. I'll have to check the milage and make 100% on the price as well if your still looking.

Comment

I just gave one away.

A rebuild of her current engine will be $1000 +/- 200, depending on options and experience.

Comment

Thanks, I am actively looking.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

142k Long nose crank engine in Marietta for $450

Comment

I'm not sure what a "Long nose crank" means. I have a very stock engine in there now.

Comment

Originally posted by MSchwartz View Post
                  I'm not sure what a "Long nose crank" means. I have a very stock engine in there now.
                  Disregard it, the biggest difference is a bunch of whiners on the internet decided the earlier short nose cranks are inferior. Your 90 has a short nose crank in it, but you can use a long nose crank engine as a direct replacement. Both have equal chance of developing the dreaded crank pulley wobble if not maintained correctly.

FWIW I sold my 1.6 out of my 90 with 128k and verified good compression but minor oil consumption a few months ago for 250 bucks. If you have any mechanical inclination you can also swap in a 1.8 without much effort.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
                      Disregard it, the biggest difference is a bunch of whiners on the internet decided the earlier short nose cranks are inferior.
                      If we're honest, *Mazda* decided it was inferior. By the end of the 1.6 run they had the same nose as the later 1.8 cars, but you're correct in that any 'nose' style can be screwed up through improper maintenance.
                      ~Andrew
                      Atlanta Region SCCA
                      D Prepared Miata

Comment

Some "swear" by the LNC while others (including myself) have found just what you all say.... Basically only improper maintenance when dealing with the crank bolt will result in failure every time. Tho what LNC indicates to me is the fact it is in essence a younger engine thus not allowing extra time for improper maintenance to have been done

Comment

Working...
                        X