No announcement yet.

2006 NC White for sale (Yep, that one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale] [NC] 2006 NC White for sale (Yep, that one)

UPDATED:
    PRICE IS: Soooooooooooolllllldddddd. Rather give someone here a deal than a Craigslist rando.

Several folks have asked about the car so here's the deal. I'm planning to put her up on Craigslist for $x. Mx5ATL folks can have her for $x. Freshly washed, clay bared, polished and waxed.

Glamour shots added below.

---------------------------------------

Ok, after some soul searching I'm putting the NC up for sale. What a blast this weekend, fun to try out a new platform (and I WILL be back in an NC) but there's no sense in owning 2 track cars. Better to own a trailer for the Exocet. (and if I keep this thing I'll end up building a track monster out of her). DARN YOU ADULT DECISIONS!

I negotiated a pretty good deal when I bought it and am not looking to make money off friends. If you're interested throw me a reasonable number and we'll work it out. There's not another NC on Craigslist for < $6,500 at the moment. If it didn't break at the track at Sunday it's not likely to break during your commute to work or Sunday drive.

Allow me to introduce Laci (Thanks to Andy for the stripper name!). She's a 2006 Base NC in White 5 Speed. 2 owners, up to date maintenance including water pump, serpentine belt, and normal replacement bits. Both owners were extensive highway commuters. Last owner put 80,000 miles in 4 years (180,777 at the moment). Original clutch, but it seems fine. Brake pads are a bit worn after Sunday's event but still plenty of meat. Once brakes are bled there's no ill effects, rotors are smooth. Paint is actually very good for miles. Georgia car no rust. Interior is pretty good. Only real wear is driver side lower bolster and driver floor mat. Top is decent and definitely water tight. Tires even had life left despite my best efforts on Sunday. Has a compatible doughnut spare that the PO sourced "just in case)Signed title and bill of sale from previous owner.

Back story

With rain pending for the JZilla "Death of Winter" event I started looking for a Rainy Day Track Car rather than tolerate the cold and WET weather in the Exocet.

Quickly found that the current performance deal of the year seems to be NC Miatas. Some quick negotiating and trip to Canton on Friday night netted me a 2006 NC Miata in pretty good shape. Having owned a 10 year old, higher mile NB, I figured this car would drive similarly. Boy was I wrong. This car drives almost like new.

Saturday we had the front rotors turned and installed a headlight. Little did Laci know she was in for a long hard day at AMP on Sunday.

Turned a 1:44 flat on 460 tread wear all season tires and hot brakes. Had a blast and despite not running a quicker time I love the car. (NB Turbo was running a couple seconds faster on BFG Rivals w/ 200TW and Hawk HP+ brakes.

Driving impressions:
    Tons of body roll on the stock suspension. 460TW all seasons are NOT the answer. The NC is TIGHT, SOLID and feels like a "real car" compared to the NA/NB. I loved the go kart feel of the NA/NB but for a dual use car, the NC should get a lot more love. It appears more capable in stock form than the NA/NB, and if not more capable more confidence inspiring. Yes it's a little bit numb compared to the previous generations but it makes up for that with a solid chassis and decent suspension. The upgrade path isn't as clear, but I don't feel upgrades (other than tires and brakes) are needed even for semi-serious track duty.

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

__________________________________________________ ________

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1869.jpg
    Last edited by Rick02R; 04-15-2017, 04:06 PM.
    sigpic
    Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

I've been there. It's hard to keep making adult decisions, when there are so many wrong but fun choices left to make. Last time I tried, I found the NC just to short on legroom for me, but I'm sure someone will pick this car up quickly. Unclear from current listing as to mileage, or price. An interior hot or two might be cool as well. GLWS. Rick is a great and trusted seller.
    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Is this the car that was on CL from a guy in Cumming last week? Saw it but was worried about the mileage (180k) - pulls strong obviously.
      2009 GT Competition Yellow - The Short Bus

Comment

Indeed it is. I was iffy until I went out to look at it. He had a hand written maintenance log, bothered to source a "real" spare tire and it even had a clean air filter (seriously when was the last time you saw a seller who bothered with that?).

It drives great. Had the brake rotors turned and made all the difference in how it felt. Replaces driver side low beam (2 guys - 1 hour, worst headlight change ever!). Cleaned up the interior a bit, plan to polish and wax this weekend. It looks very nice.

Heat is hot, A/C is cold. Nice little car.
        Last edited by Rick02R; 03-14-2017, 09:54 AM.
        sigpic
        Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

Lol. I'm not sure how he was doing it, but I can believe that 1:44. Rick came out behind me in the last session. I figured my well prepped NB would just walk away, but it was much more of a crawl.

Very nice car, good luck with the sale!
          2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
          2017 NV3500

Comment

67183788.jpg
            2007 True Red Miata

Comment

The 10 minute session in my car made this happen didn't it? Not if that makes me sad or laugh.
              2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Daniel, it's not entirely your fault. Your car was great but I can't build an NC track car and keep the Exocet if I'm reasonable. If this one stays there's too much temptation to spend stupid money building it. I REALLY like the NC platform and WILL be back when I'm done with the Exocet.

Eric, I had a blast trying to stay ahead (and keep up with you). Crawling away is being charitable. You scooted away and I was giving it everything I had. However on equivalent tires (and maybe upgraded pads) I'd bet a $100 I could hang with you. With 200 TW tires, Hawk HP+ pads and $100 in Rx8 sway bars I am confident I can break a 1:39 in this car. No suspension work or power adders needed.
                sigpic

Comment

not sayin' im interested...uhh..you know...just curious...

but how much...(scratches arm violently...)
                  sigpic

Comment

For anyone who buys this, I will tell you exactly how to make this car awesome for the track or street, NA or FI. If you bring it to my place in Duluth, I will wrench on it for you.
                    2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Thanks for making that offer Daniel!

Bump for price and photos
                      sigpic

Comment

So if I buy it will Daniel install a supercharger kit for me, free of all charge other than pizza/beer/my gratitude?

This is a valid question.

Comment

Yes, on Daniel's behalf I'll commit him to doing all of the work. In fact he may even pay YOU in pizza and beer for the pleasure of working on your new car.

Wait, now that I've said that I need to check the price on an FM Targa package...maybe the car isn't for sale any more....
                          sigpic

Comment

I will help you install it on the premise that I've never done a boost application and that it would be a great learning experience for me. The install is relatively straightforward from everything I've read. I'd budget 10k for an NC boost project if you want it done right, car not included.

I'd stay away from the superchargers because the turbos are that much better.
                            2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Free labor while I sit on my *** and eat pizza? God.. I'm into it. I'm in the market for something and hoping to make a decision today just not quite sure what I want yet. I'll keep you updated. As for the price of what I was in the market for (370z, new GT) I could get a bargain on this NC and drop less then the rest into the upgrades. Decisions, Decisions..

Also didn't know there were turbo kits for the NC. I'm sure I could piece it altogether myself though.

Comment

Working...
                              X