Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: Long nose crank pulley and whatever else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Long nose crank pulley and whatever else.

WTB ASAP Whatever I need for a longnose crank, I bought used motor and it's longnose, didn't come with a pulley, I need that, and anything else needed is it just a pulley?? My crank gear only has two small screw holes? I am guessing needs more? NEED IT ASAP

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
    WTB ASAP Whatever I need for a longnose crank, I bought used motor and it's longnose, didn't come with a pulley, I need that, and anything else needed is it just a pulley?? My crank gear only has two small screw holes? I am guessing needs more? NEED IT ASAP
    You may want to state that you need just the Lully since the gear on the long nose I sold you has 4 bolt hose just like the pulley. Also your alternator is a v belt style right?
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Oh yeah sorry just the pulley. Yeah it's a V belt. 4 bolt hose? The GEAR on the crank only has two small holes. My short nose gear has 4 holes that the pulley bolts to.

Comment

Neeed asapppppppppp

Comment

Some on M.net said it's a big nose not a long nose, there are 4 different kinds of cranks for Miatas???????????????????????????????

Someone HELP. Or I am seriously burning my car and calling insurance..
          Last edited by simontibbett; 03-05-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Well if you burn it, make sure to edit that post! :lol:
            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

If it's a big nose, I might be able to help. I *think* I have the old pulley from my Protege. It's v-belt for the water pump/alternator and 4-rib for the power steering/ac.

Can you post a pic of the timing cog, then I can compare it to one of mine.

--Ferdi

Comment

Ok I will get a pic, what's the timing cog?

I don't have a/c or power steering so that won't matter.

Comment

for the 1.6 cars there are 3 crank nose styles:

1. Short Nose
                  2. Long nose (which was a maintenance item for the short nose)
                  3. Big Nose (1992+ I believe)

And the timing cog is, believe it or not, the crank cog for the timing belt. I know, crazy.
                  ~Andrew
                  Atlanta Region SCCA
                  D Prepared Miata

Comment

What is a cog?

Comment

cog...gear...same difference.

--Ferdi

Comment

Oh ok, well here is a pic of the gear off the motor.

Comment

That looks just like mine, down to the 'YU7' marking. I think you have a big nose. I just read the last post of your "My Miata" thread...the oil pump seal you got, was it by any chance too small?

What about the crank bolt, do you still have that? What's its shank diameter (either 0.428" or 0.507")?

--Ferdi

Comment

Yep, the seal was too small. I do have the crank bolt, it's from my old motor, it's also too small. Not sure exact size but it's quite a bit smaller (don't have the bolt from the big nose)

Comment

Then, I am pretty much 100% sure you have a big nose. Now, I gotta go look to see if I have all the parts you need - timing gear (you have this), pulley boss, main pulley, small plate, 4 little bolts, and the crank bolt (you probably should use a new one). And, I guess you have the woodruff key (I'd be hard-pressed to find that little piece in my box of 'stuff').

--Ferdi

Comment

Working...
                              X