One freakin' 30mm freeze plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One freakin' 30mm freeze plug

That's right. I need ONE 30mm freeze plug. Seems the parts stores locally don't have them, I don't have the time to go anywhere on the north side of town right now, and anywhere online wants to sell me 10 or more of them. I just want one... :cry:

:lol: Anyway, if you have one, please let me know!

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

If nobody has one, I'm already in Atlanta if you want me to go pick one up on the north side for you?
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

If you get 10 then you'll have enough for the next 6 or 7 motors you build. :lol:
      sigpic

Comment

I took mine out and welded plates over the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sawyer View Post
          If nobody has one, I'm already in Atlanta if you want me to go pick one up on the north side for you?
          Thanks for the offer, but I haven't even been able to contact any companies to find out where they're carried.

Originally posted by metalman View Post
          If you get 10 then you'll have enough for the next 6 or 7 motors you build. :lol:
          You're not funny... Well, maybe a little bit, but I'm hoping that this is the last motor I build for this car for a long, long, long time.

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
          I took mine out and welded plates over the holes.
          No welding equipment unfortunately. And a freeze plug is a much simpler and cleaner approach IMO. Not to mention, easier to reverse too.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

If you cant find One Ina few days PM me and I will make you one forr the cost of Materials+$5
            I make Stuff....shiny,Metal Stuff.

Comment

Welding a freeze plug?? Wtf???

Buy a new plug from mazda or whatever. Cant be more than 20 bucks

Comment

If I had one...I'd trade you your turbo setup for it. Too bad you live on the other side of 285 from me, I would of gone a picked one up and delivered it just to make sure you get that thing running.
                91 BRG #3240
                Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
                Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

I don't understand...every local parts store I know of has them. Are you telling them what size you need, or your make/model? Because I'm pretty sure you'd be looking for a 30.25mm freeze plug, which AAP sells for $0.69. Am I missing something here?
                  93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
                  R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
                  4.10 Torsen | 2¼" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Originally posted by viperbite View Post
                    Welding a freeze plug?? Wtf???

Buy a new plug from mazda or whatever. Cant be more than 20 bucks
                    I sincerely doubt it's $20 for one plug, but if it was, I'm definitely not paying it. That's way overpriced.

Originally posted by Pitt View Post
                    If I had one...I'd trade you your turbo setup for it. Too bad you live on the other side of 285 from me, I would of gone a picked one up and delivered it just to make sure you get that thing running.
                    Haha! $20 is starting to look better and better...
                    But thanks. However, this one part is not the cause of the car not running unfortunately. Still have a good way to go for that.

Originally posted by Atlanta93LE
                    I don't understand...every local parts store I know of has them. Are you telling them what size you need, or your make/model? Because I'm pretty sure you'd be looking for a 30.25mm freeze plug, which AAP sells for $0.69. Am I missing something here?
                    IDK if it's the hicktown Advance's we have down here, but I walked in and said I need a 30mm freeze plug, since that's what the coolant reroute calls for to delete the coolant neck, and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Anyway, going to go to some more stores tonight. O'reilys to start with. Just curious as to if anyone had one laying around...

Comment

Went to a different Advance where I've never had a problem finding parts, just never in that area. Found 1 30.06mm freeze plug. $0.69. I r happy.

Comment

My experience is, they never know what you're talking about unless you have a part number. I always find the part number on their website before going...sometimes their internet price is cheaper, and they match it...other times, the store price is cheaper. Win win, and I get what I need. Just my 0.02...
                        93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
                        R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
                        4.10 Torsen | 2¼" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Yeah, just amazes me that some of them have no clue what a freeze plug is, or other parts for that matter. :lol: Oh well.

Comment

Sometimes you just have to be pushy. I was trying to find an idler pulley bearing for my cobbled together supercharger setup and didn't have a part number or a make/model for the to go by. I had to just go in the back of the store and search through the shelves until I found a match. Same thing happened trying to find the right length blower drive belt. :lol:

"What kinda car is it fer?"

"Umm, none in particular, can I just come back there and find it myself?" :p

Comment

:lol:
                              Well at this store the people that work there actually have a clue and know me. They just looked at me and said, "Haven't seen you in a while. Whatcha need today?" "Freeze plug." "Go all the way to the back, bottom shelf on the right, first set of lowest drawers." That was that. Freeze plug in hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X