Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shift nob

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shift nob

    I don't like the stock one. Anyone got any laying around?

  • #2
    RE: Shift nob

    Get a voodoo! :D

    Comment


    • #3
      RE: Shift nob

      $$?

      Comment


      • #4
        RE: Shift nob

        I have the Voodoo Black Crinkle Finish and I love it!
        When I bought my MSM I replaced the shift knob before I even pulled out of the previous owner's driveway!
        2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
        2001 NB track car that never gets driven

        Comment


        • #5
          RE: Shift nob

          I believe they are about $35 or $40 depending on the finish.
          2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
          2001 NB track car that never gets driven

          Comment


          • #6
            RE: Shift nob

            Oh that's pretty nifty, so many things I want to buy!

            Comment


            • #7
              RE: Shift nob

              Haha yeah, my list keeps growing too!
              2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
              2001 NB track car that never gets driven

              Comment


              • #8
                RE: Shift nob

                I have some used ones around, both Voodoo and Sola Luna.
                I know I have a Sola Luna knob in spun finish aluminum.
                You can try one out and see what kind youre into.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  RE: Shift nob

                  Sound like a plan. How hot do they get? I leave the top down quite a bit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    RE: Shift nob

                    It's amazing how much better just something small like a shift knob can change the feel of shifting.

                    I put a J's Racing (well known S2K tuner brand) knob in my S and makes me enjoy driving my car even more now!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      RE: Shift nob

                      I have a polished one and I find it gets hotter with the top up. The 10AE has a shift knob cover that I stole from my wife as a test and it keeps the shift knob from getting hot at all. Knobmeister sells them for 15 bucks and I will probably pick one up.
                      1995 Miata 2860 turbo, ground controls, etc. - 2013 MX5 Club Sport PHRT (wife thinks its hers) - 2007 Saleen S281

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RE: Shift nob

                        Originally posted by MeFryRice
                        It's amazing how much better just something small like a shift knob can change the feel of shifting.

                        First thing I change on any Miata I drive....shift knob, and then steering wheel. Both are your contact points with the car.

                        As Todd says, the shift knobs get pretty damn hot in the sun unless you spend the big bucks for a titanium Voodoo which i am not sure they make anymore....but if they do is around $150
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          RE: Shift nob

                          Originally posted by ToddN
                          I have a polished one and I find it gets hotter with the top up. The 10AE has a shift knob cover that I stole from my wife as a test and it keeps the shift knob from getting hot at all. Knobmeister sells them for 15 bucks and I will probably pick one up.
                          $15? I've got a baby sock I will sell you for $10. :P
                          Todd
                          '92 Crystal White - STS2...someday.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            RE: Shift nob

                            Originally posted by Tinman88

                            $15? I've got a baby sock I will sell you for $10. :P
                            Yeah, I just use one of those sunglass protector things that MeFryRice had lying around the house! Cheap fix!
                            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              RE: Shift nob

                              Originally posted by Sawyer
                              I have the Voodoo Black Crinkle Finish and I love it!
                              When I bought my MSM I replaced the shift knob before I even pulled out of the previous owner's driveway!

                              Ditto. And I love it too.

                              Metalman - which wheel do you prefer?
                              97 Red - Koni adjustables w/ RB springs, RB intake exhaust and unresonated pipe, F+R sways, Exedy clutch, Act Prolite Fly, NGK, Redline, Brainstorm rollbar, Sparco pedals, Hawk Plus pads, Voodoo, Hankook RS2 on Enkei RPF1.
                              Maintained by Mazcare.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X