Exhaust Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Cam

Anybody have a 94-97 exhaust cam? I have the head off the car and am looking to try the exhintake swap.

Thanks,
    Sean

Here's one for sale on MiataTurbo.net:

F/S (Another) Protege Exhaust Cam For Exintake Swap 60 Shipped

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I thought he sold it?

Comment

60 shipped is kinda pricy. when planetmiata has them in stock they're 40. they don't have any right now though. i say go junkyard diving.
        sigpic

Comment

simon may be able to get rid of his, depending on how bad his motor is.
          DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Originally posted by MX5ATLanta.com View Post
            I thought he sold it?
            This one was just posted by another user, right after the other one sold. He never stated sold in the thread, so IDK.

Originally posted by N3v View Post
            60 shipped is kinda pricy. when planetmiata has them in stock they're 40. they don't have any right now though. i say go junkyard diving.
            I've seen them sell easily for $60 and sometimes more. Just depends on demand. Right now, demand is high, and supply is low. And that's a decent price since shipping costs are up.

Originally posted by jesseealexander View Post
            1.6 and 1.8 not compatible.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by jesseealexander View Post
              Doesn't work as Simon's is a 1.6 and the OP needs a 1.8.
              1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
              2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Also if your anywhere near the Atlanta North Pull a Part. They have a Ford with a BP(can't remember what model it is) right now and they also have a Kia with a BP(just don't know if the cam specs are different on the kia)

I was there just the other day and pulled the valve cover off the Ford and the motor looked good.

IF your familiar with that pull part it, is in the first lot as you enter the place, on the left side, about half way back.

Comment

I believe that as long as it's a BP motor, everything will work fine. Someone can correct me though, I haven't looked into the swap too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                    I believe that as long as it's a BP motor, everything will work fine. Someone can correct me though, I haven't looked into the swap too hard.
                    Well I know cams from the BP in the Ford and Mazda will work but I never heard of a BP in a kia until I saw it with my own eyes the other weekend. It would be one of those double check the cam specs as I see that being one of the only thing Kia may have changed, since it was in a 4dr car.

Comment

IIRC the thread on mt.net, they're the same. However, double checking couldn't hurt.

Comment

I've considered this mod as well but haven't really looked into it too hard. Maybe I should.

Comment

It's worth about 6-10whp n/a. :)

Comment

You need to redrill the cam gear and chop off the CAS part or something also right?

Comment

If you are willing to give money in exchange for simplicity, the MSM intake cam is a great swap. Plus it would be new.
                              DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                              | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                              | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Working...
                              X