1.6 Oil pan NEW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 Oil pan NEW!!

I'm lookin for a new oil pan and cant find one anywhere...
    mine is leaking and i dont want to go through the trouble of pulling the motor to re-seal it and put it back in just to find out i need a new pan....do the pans typically need replacing or should i just try to reseal it...i really dont want to have to do it twice lol..
    sigpic

Originally posted by Flash13783 View Post
    I'm lookin for a new oil pan and cant find one anywhere...
    mine is leaking and i dont want to go through the trouble of pulling the motor to re-seal it and put it back in just to find out i need a new pan....do the pans typically need replacing or should i just try to reseal it...i really dont want to have to do it twice lol..
    Is it leaking where it joins the engine block or is it damaged and leaking through a hole.
    If it hasn't been damaged, try torquing the bolts, they may have loosened with time. If that doesn't work, you will have to re-seal it.
    sigpicLance
    2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
    2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
    1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

Torque on the oil pan bolts is only 69-95 INCH POUNDS, so be careful!
      sigpicLance
      2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
      2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
      1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

yea i broke a few putting it in, but i'll probably just wait to the tech day if it's on the 24th and end up re-sealing it!
        sigpic

Comment

^^ well thats probably the problem. do you really have to have the motor out of the car to do that?
          DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Working...
          X