Thread: brake master cylinder

Default brake master cylinder

93 LE abs, master has started leaking. Is one master as good as the next? Prices are all over the place. Leaning towards a Napa one for 165. Will price oem tomorrow. Thanks.

The Orielys house brand was perfect for me. Was less expensive than rockauto when factoring shipping. Works perfect
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG "Judy", '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Is it leaking from the bottom of the reservoir where the plastic goes into the cylinder, or at the vacuum booster? One is an easier fix than the other.

[QUOTE=kung fu jesus;359190]Is it leaking from the bottom of the reservoir where the plastic goes into the cylinder, or at the vacuum booster? One is an easier fix than the other.[/QUOTGood question, I need to get my wife to step on the brakes and look. I have lost about a third of the reservoir. Enough so the paint on the ledge below it, is peeling. The booster is wet, but so is the cylinder, I am thinking it is coming from the master.

[QUOTE=Theo;359198]
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Is it leaking from the bottom of the reservoir where the plastic goes into the cylinder, or at the vacuum booster? One is an easier fix than the other.[/QUOTGood question, I need to get my wife to step on the brakes and look. I have lost about a third of the reservoir. Enough so the paint on the ledge below it, is peeling. The booster is wet, but so is the cylinder, I am thinking it is coming from the master.

If you remove the master, consider the booster as well, just to clean it. That shelf area is pretty easy to clean and repaint at that point. Newspaper and painters tape for masking, aluminum foil crumpled on the lines and other stuff you don't want paint on is an easy method. Paintscratch.com for an aerosol can of whatever paint your car is.

Benchbleed the master before installation. Some replacements don't include the plastic reservoir, so be aware of that. Also, look inside the car up at the pedal box where the linkages go through the firewall. Sometimes brake fluid will run through there. Good luck!

Thanks Man for the tips. Yep looking to paint as well.