Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm roll call

Default Storm roll call

How did everyone fair?

Lost power here for maybe 30secs. Just long enough to make me reset all the clocks, but otherwise North Cumming faired well.

Everyone else free and clear. I am looking at you Rob, no trees fell on your garage again right?
    1988 323 GTX--- New DD, cause I am that crazy
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

We made it through fine in Dunwoody. I didn't see any trees down, just a bunch of branches and debris. The power barely flickered several times, but not enough to have to reset clocks or anything. I never lost power or internet.

I'm sure others had it bad as I saw reports of some nasty stuff. Hopefully everyone is ok.
    Last edited by CaveRacing; 09-12-2017 at 07:46 AM.
    Lee - 2013 Liquid Silver Metallic Club
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

A non event in west roswell.
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG "Judy", '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Lost power for 1.5 hr and without cable/internet as of this morning. No fallen trees or anything exciting to talk about.

The only thing at my house all weekend was a small leak that dripped down on my wired garage door button and opened the door at 3am this morning. I thought we had an intruder so I go down and found the light was out on the switch. I closed the door with the remote in my car since the switch no longer worked and attempted to go back to sleep. About an hour later it opens again only this time it goes up and down until I can get down there and unplug the opener. I unscrewed the switch and water dripped out of it. By this time I am so annoyed there was no going back to sleep.-

Sorry just had to vent a bit.
    13' Liquid Silver PRHT

All cool in my neighborhood. We camped out in the basement just in case there were any falling trees. I rode out the storm by organizing the garage and taking on a few iRacing sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by nickt93 View Post
    All cool in my neighborhood. We camped out in the basement just in case there were any falling trees. I rode out the storm by organizing the garage and taking on a few iRacing sessions.
    Man I wanted to do stuff like that, but had to load up my workshop with kids toys and new trees. Mix that in with losing the internet and I couldn't even play video games Such a hard life, I had to spend time with the family... :P

Glad it sounds like for the most part everyone so far has been good.
    1988 323 GTX--- New DD, cause I am that crazy
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Ded.

Not really. Storm was a non event. Some leaves were blown around.
    Chris and Lola

Our power went out at 5 pm and just came back on. Off of Coleman Rd in Roswell.......

Pretty benign in Alpharetta - a few power flickers, lots of wind but nothing unreal. Glad everyone seems to have made it through unscathed.

Blessed and OK in Suwanee. Neighbors lost a big tree but no house damage.
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    miatastuff@bellsouth.net
    2004 RX-8, 2005 MCS, 08 Red GT, 1992 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Never lost power in over in Reynoldstown. Most of the city shut down so I just stayed home and watched movies.

No matter how many friends you think you have, the size of your funeral will depend on the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I don't want some dude's balls on my neck while I'm yelling at some Vietnamese guy.

We lost power from ten pm, to 5:30 am. We lost a half dozen hundred year old oak trees on my street. City of Atlanta crews having been working all night with bucket trucks to try and reopen the street. Half my neighborhood looks to be without electricity for another few days. We were quite fortunate, as a couple of the big trees, had they fallen towards our house, would have really done a lot of damage. I'm talking 80-100 ft tall oaks with trunks it would take three men's wingspans to circle... right now I'm just glad everyone is alright. Don't forget drainage is an issue during normal thunderstorms in Atlanta, that puddle may be a lot deeper than you think!
    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Power went out from 9:00 until 1am. Lots of branches and tree leaves everywhere but other than that, North Forsyth County faired ok.
    Car is being parted out!
    1993 Turbo Build

Power flickers and temporary outages down here yesterday but back to normal this morning. Lots of branches and a ton of leaves in the street, saw remnants of a few trees having gone down across the road, but that seems to be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

My power was out in Tucker from 4:55 PM to about 5:05 AM. GA power showed my outage to be part of 4,127 customers. No trees down here, but I live on top of a hill w/big trees all around and some of the wind gusts were pretty epic. Irma was a different beast than Opal...where I never lost power. Opal was still a hurricane when it hit here.
    06 True Red Touring - Eibach Springs & Sways - Koni Sports - Enthuzacar NC Cruiser Exhaust - Auto Exe wheel & shift knob - '13 Club Edition seats - Hella Supertones - a Protege5 used as the daily backpack.

Old neighborhoods got nailed. Big trees lost this round. Giant oak that was slated to come down took out everything at the nearby big intersection. Sad coordination between crews to get a start on it, but rumor has it power may come on today. Of course we have other issues at home. A very large limb tore from the top of the oak in our front yard, broke two more limbs on the way down and is now on end, with the big end suspended on our power line. One branch is still hanging in the tree, the other two landed between houses in my neighbor's driveway- pulling her power masthead from the house. Though neither of us have broken power lines. Somehow my new ATT fiber cable came through unscathed. We're on day 3 w/o power. I never regret buying my 5000w generator 18 yrs ago.

Lost power for about 24 hours. Internet was out until this afternoon, and cell signal has been nearly non-existant until this eventing. Found 2 roof leaks. Some damage to shed from large branch that fell from a tall tree. My sister had a place on miami beach, I don't think she's been able to get over there yet though. We assume its a total loss. It's been awhile since I've had a hurricane party though! Moved up here from SFL 11 years ago.
    2012 Spirited Green Mazda2 Touring 5MT
    1999 Emerald Mica/Tan Miata 5MT
    2007 Frontier Nismo Crew Cab 4x4

Rob, it looks like your end of Decatur got a beat down just as bad as mine. I went to my dry cleaners today in Oakhurst and had to make several detours in the three mile drive. Big sections of Hosea Williams, Memorial and Chandler are still without power, with huge old growth trees down across all lanes of traffic.
    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Guy from the city said South side had it worst- higher old tree density and less tree maintenance. He did mention Oakhurst had a it very bad. Our power was on around 10pm last night, but there's still a lot of the "north side" that does not have power from trees down on smaller streets. And yes- my neighbor and I have power with that big limb on my lead and her's on the ground. So I guess there's no line damage.