Thread: Just my damn luck

Angry Just my damn luck

Been trying to sell my NA but my brothers protege broke down so i lent it to him till we fixed his car. second night he has it and someone clearly slashed my back plastic while he had it parked at the studio. so now i get to get it ready for the rain tonight and see if i can find a used top to save money . . . was trying to sell this damn thing
    1997 mx-5

I never lock my doors. I would rather the scum take the $.46 I have in my center console than slash the $800 top.
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG "Judy", '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

I have a couple of NB glass window tops that have some tears. Would do until you found a better one. Email if you need a loaner.
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    miatastuff@bellsouth.net
    2004 RX-8, 2005 MCS, 08 Red GT, 1992 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynra Rockets View Post
    I never lock my doors. I would rather the scum take the $.46 I have in my center console than slash the $800 top.
    that the worse ****ing part, they were unlocked lol. I never keep anything in there worth crap
    1997 mx-5

Quote Originally Posted by miatastuff View Post
    I have a couple of NB glass window tops that have some tears. Would do until you found a better one. Email if you need a loaner.
    thanks, i went and got it sealed up nice at tight over at my pops so im not worried about the rain for now just getting it replaced. if you do happen upon a decent used one for sure let me know as im gonna have to swap this before selling now.
    1997 mx-5

All I have for decent ones are tan right now. No nice black ones. I'll let you know if that changes.
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    miatastuff@bellsouth.net
    2004 RX-8, 2005 MCS, 08 Red GT, 1992 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

10-4 thanks man
    1997 mx-5

some research is leading me to believe i can cut out the back plastic and hopefully glue in a new one, anyone had any experience doing this?
    1997 mx-5

Just linked this to a friend who pulled his newer softtop out of his car this weekend. It's still on the frame, complete, black. He will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Just linked this to a friend who pulled his newer softtop out of his car this weekend. It's still on the frame, complete, black. He will PM you.
    kickass thanks man
    1997 mx-5

well went and bought some clear vinyl today going to try and cut the old one out and replace it this weekend. will see how well this goes before replacing it. I've found some that turned out well, just looks like im going to have to take my time.
    1997 mx-5

Today was a very successful day managed to swap over the top and frame i picked up yesterday, was kind of an annoying job but not to bad. would take a picture of the new top but within the hour had a guy come to look at the car and bought it so screw you ******* that cut the old top you didnt stop me!!!
    1997 mx-5

This reminds me a some years ago when someone cut the window out of my unlocked Miata with all my CDs sitting in the floorboard ( I said this was a while ago) and around 80 dollars sitting in the arm rest. The top was less than a year old too.

All they did was cut out the window. I guess they wanted it for their old top. People are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastinthebushes View Post
    Do lots and lots of reading and research. Lots of vendors sell suspension, not just FM.