Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Nickt93ís Latest Project: SALVAGEWON ELIMINATOR

Barber looks like fun, though those sessions seem a bit long. Missing out on stuff like this is the price I pay for staying away from facebook I guess. I may try and make it to the december event this year.
    2012 Spirited Green Mazda2 Touring 5MT
    1999 Emerald Mica/Tan Miata 5MT
    2007 Frontier Nismo Crew Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by nickt93 View Post

David - when is your Exocet going to be complete? You are going to love the lightweight life!
    Life is taking the time and effort lately. I was thinking I'd be done by the time the weather was good, but I've about missed that mark!
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    miatastuff@bellsouth.net
    2004 RX-8, 2005 MCS, 08 Red GT, 1992 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Not exactly an Eliminator update other than to say that I couldn't get hour out of my wet yard to take to the track yesterday. So I took the wife's daily driver instead which proved to be a lot of fun! Laid down a 1:38 and destroyed the tires. I'd call it a successful experiment.

The little hill I couldn't make it up in the Eliminator - and the tire tracks to prove I tried!

Time to pour concrete, lay some pavers, or even use some pea gravel to create a path. That grass is nothing but in the way!
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Might be easier/cheaper to just get pair of wheels with rally/AT tires to throw on in those situations. Good job on the lexus tires...I've never seen tire wear like that before!
    2012 Spirited Green Mazda2 Touring 5MT
    1999 Emerald Mica/Tan Miata 5MT
    2007 Frontier Nismo Crew Cab 4x4

Nick, you may want to look into these grass driveway thing.

http://www.frankejames.com/are-grass...the-new-trend/

It's something that came to mind for my house in the future. Seems like a great idea for the sometimes used driveway where you sill want it to look like a yard. Not sure how it feels to walk on and such, but may help keep the neighbors happy, the wife happy and still allows you to have some grip.
    1988 323 GTX--- New DD, cause I am that crazy
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

How many times did you reach down to shift gears or stomp your left foot on the invisible clutch pedal?

Quote Originally Posted by wildfire0310 View Post

It's something that came to mind for my house in the future. Seems like a great idea for the sometimes used driveway where you sill want it to look like a yard. Not sure how it feels to walk on and such, but may help keep the neighbors happy, the wife happy and still allows you to have some grip.
    Now THIS is an interesting solution!
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by CaveRacing View Post
    Time to pour concrete, lay some pavers, or even use some pea gravel to create a path. That grass is nothing but in the way!
    Believe me, I'm so conflicted here. While I'd love to have a "proper" path to my downstairs garage, I hate to compromise the yard to do it. The backyard is really nice green space right now - not so much if I pour a driveway. But of course the alternative is what happened this weekend - not being able to use my cars when I want to because the lawn is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeballs View Post
    Might be easier/cheaper to just get pair of wheels with rally/AT tires to throw on in those situations. Good job on the lexus tires...I've never seen tire wear like that before!
    Ha! Creative suggestion! Yeah it certainly didn't help that I was trying to climb a wet hill on RC1s. I could have switched to the RS3s for a little more grip, but I was running late and didn't have the time to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfire0310 View Post

I like it! Something like this might be the perfect compromise. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by FE3tMX5 View Post
    How many times did you reach down to shift gears or stomp your left foot on the invisible clutch pedal?
    It was weird, but then again driving that car on track was a weird/different/exciting/intense experience altogether. So different than a Miata, especially the Eliminator. 3800lbs vs 1700lbs, 416hp vs 125hp, street alignment vs track only alignment, auto trans vs manual. After a few laps to get assimilated and figuring out what gear to be in and where to shift it started to be fun - felt kind of "F1" to be shifting using the paddles.

Here's another vid from a different angle

2 or more of these is what I use on wet days rather than killing the yard:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Capri-Too...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
    David Luney - Suwanee GA
    miatastuff@bellsouth.net
    2004 RX-8, 2005 MCS, 08 Red GT, 1992 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Quote Originally Posted by miatastuff View Post
    2 or more of these is what I use on wet days rather than killing the yard:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Capri-Too...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Thanks for your business!

So do you just hitch the car up to a truck that is on dry ground and pull them up your hill?

RWD, high performance tires, front weight bias, and a little grass don't mix. The solution can be as simple as a different set of rear wheels and some ballast.
    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Wow, it has been way too long since I updated this thread!

Went to AMP last weekend for a member day as a guest of a friend. Wow, what an experience - open track all day!!! Other than our group of six cars there weren't a whole lot of other cars. However, what was there was really nice - a Ferrari 458 Speciale, a Mclaren, and two Z06s.

And, in other news: I IMPROVED MY PERSONAL BEST AT AMP BY OVER A FULL SECOND!!! WOOHOO! This was huge for me, as I've been plateaued at a 1:33.9 since last May. I was beginning to think that was all this car had in it. That was somewhat frustrating since my best in the green turbo car was a 1:33.8, and I really wanted to take down my old time in the Eliminator.

So, my new personal best is a 1:32.8. I am very happy with that.

And it wasn't just one good lap; I had about a dozen laps that were better than my prior personal best; seven in this session alone:

I had some fun chasing down the driver of the 458 Speciale. That car sounded sooooo good! He would put quite a bit of distance on me in the straightaways, but I would earn it all back in the corners. Here's a video of the chase:

A few recent pics:

(thanks David, for this one!)

Had so much fun out there with you. What an epic day and congrats on that stonking fast time!
    '00 Silver Miata

Awesome stuff. What do you think allowed you to improve your time so much?

Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Awesome stuff. What do you think allowed you to improve your time so much?
    Something simple, really. I stopped shifting into 5th gear between T15 and T1, instead just holding 4th gear. I gained 3-4mph on the straightaway and picked up about 1 second per lap.