Page 1063 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053106110621063
Results 21,241 to 21,256 of 21256

Thread: Ramble about anything in here...

Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    I agree, I don't much like the look of the current Civic. It's to jagged and angular. The body lines don't flow well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    But weren't you talking about getting your wife a Civic hatch?
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    But weren't you talking about getting your wife a Civic hatch?
    Yes we looked at it, but both decided it was far to ugly. Then I went crazy and bought the RF.

I love the new civics.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slip 'N' Slide

I realize the styling of new Civics sparks contentious debate. At least they don't blend into the scenery...

A friend got one of the first Sonic Gray hatches last year when they came out; an EX w/CVT since it's a daily/commuter. Aside from questionable styling quirks like the fugly wheels and idiotic fake vents, the car blew me away with day-to-day competence. It's roomy, comfortable, and quick. The CVT coupled w/the turbo makes for seamless, rheostat-like power delivery. It has about 45 more HP than my Protege5 and gets 25-35% better fuel economy. It's cavernous compared to a Mazda3; the hatch area especially even w/the seats up. It savaged my comparison w/a friend's '16 Mazda6 GT automatic which falls flat on its face at the 1-2 upshift and felt a bit gutless in general (Civic driver's CX5 company car has identical performance). It doesn't feel laggy like another friend's Fiesta ST that even w/a tune feels sluggish off-boost.

Big question is if the new turbo CVT'd Hondas will have anything like the legendary old-school Honda reliability/dependability. The Civic was one of the few cars I drove that I instantly liked well enough to own. Almost like the first time I drove a new CRX Si or NA Miata...
    06 True Red Touring - Eibach Springs & Sways - Koni Sports - Enthuzacar NC Cruiser Exhaust - Auto Exe wheel & shift knob - '13 Club Edition seats - Hella Supertones - a Protege5 used as the daily backpack.

I feel like the new Civics are an attempt to do what Mazda did in 2004 with the 3, only they went past attention-seeking funky straight to attention-demanding ugly. Meanwhile the new crop of Mz3's is straight up gorgeous... but pricey.

To be fair, Civics seem to alternate between fugly/functional on even numbered generations and conservative/smooth on the Odd numbered generations since about the 4th Gen. I fully expect the 11th gen civic to look like a 10th gen that's healed up a bit from it's beating with an ugly stick.

Quote Originally Posted by zzmx-5 View Post
    Big question is if the new turbo CVT'd Hondas will have anything like the legendary old-school Honda reliability/dependability.
    IMO, CVT pretty much negates that possibility. Its the nature of that beast to wear and fail early.
    http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13&dateline=123560545  3

Quote Originally Posted by metalman View Post
    IMO, CVT pretty much negates that possibility. Its the nature of that beast to wear and fail early.
    I was gonna be like "Nissan CVTs seem to be doing okay..." then I checked The Internet and saw "Oh.... oh dear... they are not doing okay... average transmission replacement at 62,000 miles and it's shortening with newer models..."

Quote Originally Posted by epilonious View Post
    I was gonna be like "Nissan CVTs seem to be doing okay..." then I checked The Internet and saw "Oh.... oh dear... they are not doing okay... average transmission replacement at 62,000 miles and it's shortening with newer models..."
    Yes, I really don't know anyone with one that likes it. They crap out early.
    Metal on metal, sprockets, chains, cones etc...its just not going to last because you would have to change the oil in it every 3k like your motor.....and even then...IMO its going to crap out. And who changes their trans oil frequently? Uhh almost no one. The design works for MPG but basically sucks dirty donkey balls for longevity.
    http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13&dateline=123560545  3

I smile because I've had a CVT car over 200k, on factory transmission oil no less
    The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
    http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    I smile because I've had a CVT car over 200k, on factory transmission oil no less
    LOL must be lucky or a record.

Honda lost it's way somewhere between '01 and '09. They diluted their brand in the US market by pilfering the top gear for the Acura lineup to gain profit margin, largely ditched double wishbones for a horrible McPherson design, and made milquetoast models from parts bin parts (poorly). After the S2k was discontinued, there has not been a Honda to really catch my attention since. Quality issues with one of their products aside, I consider them Toyota wannbes with products fit for the fat of America (pun intended). The only car between those years I still consider a true drivers car other than the s2k is the TSX. When I look at new cars, Honda isn't anywhere near the top of the list to research.

I just like to think about all the cars the Integra Type R **** all over in it's day.

Quote Originally Posted by epilonious View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman View Post
    Yes, I really don't know anyone with one that likes it. They crap out early.
    Metal on metal, sprockets, chains, cones etc...its just not going to last because you would have to change the oil in it every 3k like your motor.....and even then...IMO its going to crap out. And who changes their trans oil frequently? Uhh almost no one. The design works for MPG but basically sucks dirty donkey balls for longevity.
    I had a long time Murano customer that threw in the towel when their CVT crapped out. Admittedly they got a lot more than 62k on it. Something like 180-200k.

Just had a poor guy travelling through the area in his '09 Altima yesterday. He was complaining about lack of power and what not. Took it for a drive and pointed him to the a trusted transmission shop.

I still think early BMW Minis were some of the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastinthebushes View Post
    Do lots and lots of reading and research. Lots of vendors sell suspension, not just FM.

Don't ever, ever restore a hardtop.

I've wanted one for years, finally found one, drove out of state to get it. I knew it needed some work but it was not "quite" as nice as the seller described. Paid $900. Side latches were missing, paint wasn't very good. It looks like after hours of work, new seals, paint, latches,etc I'll have about $1600 into it. At least when I'm done, I'll have a nice top, and it will be cheaper still than a new one - after paint anyway.

Do you need side latches still? PM me.

Planning on bolting it on..