Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,561 to 1,569 of 1569

Thread: Official Gun Thread (Enter at your own risk)

I'd like to shoot the new Glock just for kicks...even though to me Glocks are like old Ford pickups, they get the job done but aint nothing special. I tried the 380 Glock, thought it might work for the wife, but she likes the Ruger 9mm LCR.

I love the PM9 for what it is....a light, small, 9mm carry self defense weapon. Thanks for selling it to me.
    It wont be leaving my collection for a long time.
    http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13&dateline=123560545  3

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    I am a big fan of small 9mm carry guns.
    I recently purchased a Glock 43, the new single stack 9mm. This is my first Glock and I am pleased with the performance.
    Recoil is not bad and the thing will digest any 9mm ammo you want to feed it. Not a pretty gun, but works very well.

The Sig p938 is also a very capable performer and has yet to fail to fire.

The Kimber Solo, has one of the nicest triggers and the nicest feel of all the small 9s I own. This gun is picky on ammo, will work well with the heavier 124 grain and up ammo (expensive) but has issues with the cheap 115 grain stuff.

Boberg XR9-s Smallest of the small 9's with a unique loading system which packs a longer barrel in a shorter gun. The result of this system (the gun pulls the shell out of the back of the magazine and places it in the barrel) is that if the bullets are not crimped well, the inertia can pull the casing of off the bullet leaving you with a jam in which there is a shell casing, a loose bullet and a bunch of powder in your gun.

Boberg has a list of ammo to stay away from, and if you use the recommended ammo, the gun is flawless.

Kahr PM9 is also a very capable and well built small 9mm. Owned one for a while, but at that time I was not really comfortable with a striker fired pistol and sold it. My opinion on striker fired guns has changed since then.

Lance
    how does the new glock carry?? i've been wanting to get my hands on one since they came out. I also love small 9's as my favorite to carry is the CZ Rami followed by my hk compact usp in 9mm.
    1997 mx-5

Quote Originally Posted by metalman View Post
    I'd like to shoot the new Glock just for kicks...even though to me Glocks are like old Ford pickups, they get the job done but aint nothing special. I tried the 380 Glock, thought it might work for the wife, but she likes the Ruger 9mm LCR.

I love the PM9 for what it is....a light, small, 9mm carry self defense weapon. Thanks for selling it to me.
    It wont be leaving my collection for a long time.
    The 43 is a very nice gun to shoot. You are correct, it is a Glock so it is not pretty, pretty much a tool like a hammer.
    Have put a couple of hundred rounds through it and it is flawless.

The gun is just a bit bigger than the 42 (glock 380)

Lance
    Lance
    2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
    2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
    1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by Shwing View Post
    how does the new glock carry?? i've been wanting to get my hands on one since they came out. I also love small 9's as my favorite to carry is the CZ Rami followed by my hk compact usp in 9mm.
    The 43 is not the smallest of the nines, but it is flat and thin so it carries well.
    Lance
    2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
    2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
    1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

I think the Glock 43 might be the ticket, as Glocks don't have positive safeties. She doesn't really want a carry gun, just something she can become proficient with, with as few complications as possible.

I'm still in the market for a S&W 686 stainless .357, it was my constant companion many years and I feel my collection will be incomplete without one. For some reason I've always wanted a Browning High power in. 9mm. I'm going to resist the urge to buy a 1911A1 of any sort, I never really loved them when I had them, ditto the Berretta 92f. I don't think I'll be looking for an M16/ M4/ AR-15 or whatever they're calling them today, but I did see a beautiful FN .308 at the local gun shop. About had a heart attack when I saw a $3800 price tag. Does this gun perform sexual favors I don't know about? About the same way I felt about that giant hand cannon H&K brought out for $2000 with the threaded for suppressed barrel.

I guess I'm just a cheap bastard.
    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Necro! Bought another 1911 to carry Springfield range officer elite compact 9mm. The black one next to my full size GI expert in the picture.

This means I'm gonna be selling my XD-S 9mm carry setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't get 1911's in any caliber but .45. I'd rock the range officer compact, there was one on Outdoor Trader not too long ago with crossed cannons on the grip. That was my rating badge in the Navy, so I came close to pulling the trigger on that. I like the XD-s, I have it in .40, and it does a nice job.
    Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
    RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

I just wasn't a fan of the striker fired trigger on the xd-s. The 9mm shoots well, not as well as my 45, but I'm happy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

M3 has a new folding Glock 19 that folds up to roughly the same dimensions LxW as an Iphone. 22 rounds that prints like a cell phone. Not sure if the $1400 price tag is worth it but its neat if anyone is into that.
    1996 White--MAGNAFLOW Catback--Illumina/FMSprings--Rev-G Frame Rails--Direzza Star Spec--TWM Big Type R Shifter--CIBIEs w/ OSRAM NBreakers--Nardi Comp Leather 330mm